In SharePoint online environment most of the businesses facing issue with connecting with another business (B2B) or in technical terms connecting with another domain.
We have been using different methods with the Active Directly level which we known as “Federation”. But will see how we could share SharePoint site with multiple domains.
📓 Note :
- You must have either Microsoft account or organizational account to achieve this.
- Microsoft account must not be Live, Outlook or Hotmail, It could be Gmail, Yahoo or another. Then you should create a Microsoft account with your domain. Eg. “email@example.com”.
- Organizational account is account in another Office 365 tenant
How to share site with external domain user?
Firstly, you must enable External Sharing in the Office 365 admin center. This could be find easily with searching external sharing in the admin center.
Second, Go site administration and select your SharePoint site and hit on “Share” on the ribbon. Make sure and best practice 🔖 to mention your external domain you sharing as below.
Finally added user will be visible as below in the Office 365 admin center.
📌 Some useful resources :
- Office 365 Article – Manage External Sharing
- Add or remove external users
- Managing external sharing for SharePoint Online
- Turning External Sharing
- Create an external sharing site on with SharePoint Online and Azure AD