Naturally we all expect end on everything, same applies to software in this days. Hopefully we could not see SharePoint 2007 living with us for ten years as for now after 10th October 2017, in a way This is with the good hope on modernize and evolve with the collaboration but in a way bad news for whom love classics.
What happens after deprecation?
No security update further
- This will get managing this costly
- No patches No hot fixes from Microsoft
- Need to migrate to version with life as sooner
- Not guaranteed Office365 and cloud support
No technical content management
- Less documentations and resources
- Less community engagement
Key milestones to say good bye!
“Say good bye and make your modernization plans switched on”