Managed Metadata in SharePoint
Centrally managed set of terminologies which can be used across farm. Its gives the more extensibility features for manageability.
Terminologies when using MMS (Managed Metadata Service)
Some facts to know about Managed Metadata Columns
- Derived from SPFieldLookup
- Wss ID – LookupId property of the term in the TaxonomyHiddenList list. Hidden list can be viewed by “<site url>/Lists/TaxonomyHiddenList/AllItems.aspx”
Values required to update metadata column
- WssId – this can be faked with -1
- TermGuid – Guid value of your term
- Label – string value of the term you have selected
Create column with managed metadata column type while creating column.
“New item view”
After consuming manage metadata it created hidden list named “TaxonomyHiddenList” with keeping references.
Await for coding samples!
- Create managed terms and term sets
- Create managed metadata column, Office.com
- Introduction to Managed Metadata, Office.com